Grove House Stables Home for Life programme.
Grove House Stables Equestrian Centre has been providing equestrian opportunities for 30 years. Grove House Stables LLP and I-Pegasus CIC have a wonderful team of experienced “been there, seen it, done it” ponies. These ponies are essential to our tiny beginner riders, giving them confidence in the early stages of riding. We offer first class facilities 24/7 with professional care.
What type of pony are we looking for?
• Child friendly
• Can be ridden safely and effectively off the lead rein
• Can walk, trot, canter, jump a 1’6” jump
• Good to catch
• Must be vice free, that means they must not: buck, bolt, rear, nap, shy bite or kick. However we don’t mind if the crib, windsuck or box walks.
• Age doesn’t matter – just needs to be sound enough to happily carry out the activities required.
What will they be doing?
1. Our ponies work in a highly supervised, happy environment, their working hours are very short and carefully regulated to suit the individual pony’s ability and temperament.
2. The pony’s primary task is to introduce our tiny beginner riders the joys of handling and bnding with a pony in a calm, safe setting for them both and most importantly to give the child a confident start to the world of ponies.
What do we offer with a home for life?
Exactly what it says, a brilliant secure and loving home for the rest of their days. We have several aged ponies (20+) still thoroughly enjoying and active life, with daily hugs and kisses from enthusiastic youngster and our team of knowledgeable staff! Their health and wellbeing is of paramount importance to us and all our ponies receive the same high standard of care regardless of age or status